Sunday, January 3, 2010

Around Town - Osaka 2

I have a lot of photos from the last few months so... here's a onslaught.

Giant wasp attack!
Beautiful...
Lanterns upon lanterns...
Temple courtyard
RAAAWR! Anything performed on this stage must be awesome. Apparently the eyes light up only twice a year on certain holidays.
Fuujin and Raijin I think...
Graveyards
Imagine living there...
woop!
Coooool!
I want to live there...
Mystical cats in full effect!
Like ya do...
ooo!
The inside of a cab. Sooo fancy! The drivers wear suits and the back seats are all lacy too.
Our Christmas spread. Thats a movie of a fireplace... but with the heater built in under the table, it was pretty convincing.
Merry Christmas!
Sweets Paradise. All you can eat cakes- you'll regret saying that to me!!!! nom nom nom
Woah- this almost convinced me to do Karaoke.
The tiny jar of peanut butter I bought.
Everything MUST have a face!
The oncoming masses
They need lanes.
Mmmm coffee time
"Kuro neko Yamato" is just a courier service but it has the cutest logo. Also- beer vending machine.
View from the roof
View from the roof
View from the roof
View from the roof
Every street has this many or more bikes.
The streets are never empty!
YUUMMM Takoyaki! The hardest part is waiting so you don't scald your mouth
Hehe
Elvis squid snacks? They were... squiddy.
Obama- and the white version of him on the left?? I have no idea.

uh oh!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all the new pictures!!!! Dragon karaoke?!?! What was that thing?! I like the picture of Oscotta with the graffiti... AND I THINK EVERYTHING DEFINETLY SHOULD HAVE A FACE!!!! What a cool world it would be!!! How much longer are you guys there?!

Ana (Portuguesa) said...

Almost convinced you to karaoke? I would be all over those karaoke booths if I was in Japan...singing + being silly = fun, fun, fun!
I didn't know they had 7 Eleven there - funny! Hey, Bonitao was looking all nice for Xmas... your fireplace was hilarious (I'm sure the wine kept you warm too, lol)!

Post a Comment